We are the nation’s oldest veterans’ service organization auxiliary with more than 450,000 members representing all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Our members are the male/female relatives of those who have served in overseas combat. For more than 100 years, we have been supporting the Veterans of Foreign Wars, serving veterans and their families, active-duty military and their families, and spreading patriotism nationwide.
During the 2013-2014 Program Year, Auxiliary VFW members:
- Provided $5.4 million dollars in monetary aid to veterans, active-duty military and their families
- Volunteered nearly 800,000 hours in VA Medical Centers, hospitals, nursing homes and veterans home
- Made more than 142,000 legislative contacts to help pass or block important bills
- Raised $2.3 million dollars to support cancer research
- Awarded $175,000 in scholarships
- Worked with more than 230,000 youth
- Distributed more than 325,000 American Flags
Join us and proudly serve veterans, the military and their families, and your community in honor of the sacrifices and commitment of every man and woman who has served in uniform.